Festival of Art, Culture and Alternative tourism in Cochabamba
Cochabamba February 16 - February 28, 2017
Volunteer project: In February, the city of Cochabamba and its suburbs host extensive socio-cultural activities. Cultural events are organized in alternative locations and spaces, such as plazas, cultural centers and streets. During the summer holidays in February, we will organize Days of Art, Popular Culture and Alternative tourism to consolidate new alternative spaces and explore multiculturalism and interaction with the local population.
Volunteers' tasks involve:
• Assisting in the organization of the Days of Art, Popular Culture and Alternative community-based tourism
• Promotion and dissemination of information about cultural events.
• Promotion of cultural and alternative tourism areas of Cochabamba.
• Participation in the popular pre-Carnival party.
• Logistical support to cultural events.
• Participation in tours to alternative tourism communities near Cochabamba to enjoy nature and interact with the local population.
• Participation in a tour to Oruro which is home to the Carnival of Oruro, one of UNESCO's Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity dating back more than 2000 years.
Accommodation: Volunteers will be accommodated in the Cultural Center in Cochabamba.
Location: City of Cochabamba
Terminal: Cochabamba and Oruro
Age range: 18 and over
Extra fee: 250 Euro
The extra fee is intended to support the local host of the project who does not have sufficient funds. It is due upon arrival.