Organic gardening, reforestation and
environmental education projects
Vinto February 16 - February 28, 2016
Volunteer project: In the semi-rural area of Vinto, we are working to develop an Ecology Center with an organic garden, public library and rooms for workshops on waste recycling and environmental issues. It is still work in progress, but we are hoping to advance with the help of the international volunteers.
The volunteer team will help in the following tasks:
• Preparation and planting in the organic garden.
• Construction of a clay oven.
• Reforestation and clean up of Ch'ulla River.
• Painting murals and installation of signs at the site of the Center.
• School support and educational games for school children.
• Guided walks and clean up at the park and ecological farm Pairumani, as well as other places, in order to learn about local nature and culture.
Accommodation: Volunteers will be staying in the Ecology Center in Vinto.
Location: The project is based in the municipality of Vinto, 15 km from the city of Cochabamba. It is a semi-rural area.
Age range: 18 and over
Extra fee: 200 Euro
The extra fee is intended to support the hosting organization who does not have sufficient funds. It is due upon arrival on the project.